Friday 26 March 2010

The Transatlantic Sessions

The BBC in Scotland made an amazing series of programmes in the 1990s, in which musicians from both sides of the Atlantic collaborated to make some memorable music. From the US came such iconic names as Emmylou Harris, Nanci Griffiths and Kathy Mattea. The McGarrigal clan from Canada features, and great Scottish singers such as Karen Matheson of Capercaillie. The series produced some wonderful music, and I'm going to put up bits of it as I find it.


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. A lovely way to start my day. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the blog!

    I posted this too here and did a Transatlantic Sessions post here.

    Our son, 10, had ME - actually diagnosed quickly as PVFS - last year and recovered in about 5 months but still any bug knocks him out for a week.

    When do you move?

    I'll keep coming by. You're welcome at mine too.

    ReplyDelete