Friday 26 March 2010

There must be some kinda way outta here...

I have always loved Jimi Hendrix's music. I was 15 when he first exploded into the world of blues and rock. I've been listening to him for 40 years, and everything he ever recorded is still a delight to listen to. His sheer artistry still takes my breath away.

This song sums up exactly how I felt as we waited to sell our house and move, and the exultant guitar licks sum exactly how I feel now the end is in sight. Dylan wrote it - Hendrix gave it super powers. Thanks, Jimi.

1 comment:

  1. A fellow Jimi Hendrix fan! I saw him at the Monterey Jazz Festival a long long time ago. He was already very popular in Europe, but not in the U.S. After this festival though, he was hot here! I have all of his music, but on LP's which we never play anymore.

    Oh those guitar riffs!

    Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete