Tuesday 18 August 2009

Opera 10 - some geekery

My hit counter tells me that most people accessing this site do so using the Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari browsers. All have their strengths and weaknesses. IE is famously prone to malign interference, Firefox gets very slow if you load it up with the features that are its selling point, Safari I only know as the nuisance download I have to refuse every time I update iTunes, and it certainly used to have a name for insecurity.

The cool kids use the Norwegian contender - Opera - it's fast, light on computer resources and free. Lots of the newer features on other browsers first saw the light of day in Opera.

Here's a link to the Opera 10 beta

and

Here's a link to the current stable release version

Give it a try - there are versions for most operating systems.

1 comment:

  1. Richard, I hope this comment doesn't rebound on me :)

    I've been using Safari for 3 years now and have never had a crash. The secret seems to be to keep an eye on updates.

    I prefer the Safari interface, the graphics are superior to any other programmes although I do have Firefox which I use on occasion.

    As for using Windows (which I also have on a Mac) it is so seldom these days that I'm not going to update it.

    ReplyDelete