Friday 13 November 2009

ME Developments

Here's a link to a great blog post that neatly summarizes the recent discovery of a retrovirus that seems a highly likely cause of ME.

I devoutly hope that this advance eliminates all the lingering and destructive prejudice that attaches to ME - yes, unbelievers, it is a real illness! I also hope it leads to a cure, and that sooner rather than later.

Here is a link to the website of the The Whittemore Peterson Institute for Neuro Immune Disease

It seems I'm probably affected by Xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus, otherwise called XAND.

Here's the website of XAND and XMRV.com, which looks like it will be a useful source of information.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there Richard, I'm so sorry to hear about your Major Encumbrance. Love your way of referring to it though. It must be a very hard time for you and your family. It's good to see you blogging.

    (Is there a broken link in my post? I always check them so carefully but one could easily slip through the net!)

    ReplyDelete